New Markets: Global Life Sciences Nutrition Company
Client engaged DFI to develop the market and scale up distribution for a high-impact nutritional supplement in West Africa. The product had previously shown to be highly successful in pilots funded by JICA and USAID; however, the client wanted to achieve economies of scale to ensure the product’s long-term sustainability.
- Desk-based review: DFI mapped 60 funders and key stakeholders supporting community-based delivery models, training, R&D, sustainable sourcing, and product commercialization
- Stakeholder Engagement: DFI positioned the client through a donor road show in West Africa, US and Europe, setting the agenda and leading meetings with key stakeholders, as well as developing concept notes and proposals tailored to each donor’s priorities and success factors
- Funding for scale: As a result of the collaboration, donors and partners committed to deploy a total of $3M in grant funding to scale distribution with $5-10M of downstream funding potential
- Local Sourcing: DFI was able to set up options for client to source directly from local farmers by identifying funding sources and local partners to secure a sustainable supply
- Enhanced Reputation: Client and partners were able to highlight the program as a major success story at key fora such as TICAD (Tokyo International Conference for Africa’s Development)
- World Bank, Global Affairs Canada, USAID, JICA, World Vision