Transforming African Agriculture
Eager to enter new markets and establish sales infrastructure in Africa, a leading multinational agribusiness conglomerate worked with DFI to conduct a sector analysis, identify potential partners, and lay out current and planned funding for upcoming investments.
- Understand Client Needs: DFI worked with the client to understand competitive advantages in ten (10) key African markets, and from there, prioritized key crops and subsectors.
- International Financial Institution Assessment: DFI reviewed approximately 600 projects totaling $10B in funding, as well as the macroeconomic performance and trade policy developments of target countries. From these results, DFI provided insights into which organizations would be optimal partners for the Client and highlighted gaps in donor funding and private sector investment where Client engagement could play a pivotal role.
- “Deep Dive”: Following the research phase, DFI organized and co-led a delegation of 15 high-level corporate executives on a multi-tracked in-country missions across the five (5) priority countries, moving fluidly from corporate to field as an extension of the client.
- Outcomes Analysis and Recommendations: Following the in-country visits, DFI captured the learnings, meeting details, immediate, near-term and longer-term prospects, along with recommendations for action.
- National and local governments, IFIs, NGOs, foundations, universities, research institutions
- Provided client management with strategic recommendations to pursue prioritized opportunities in West Africa, including guidance on resource allocation for programmatic pursuit.
- Immediate and near-term sales opportunities and pursuit recommendations
- Visual representation of targeted supply chains overlayed with client addressable IFI projects
- Developed a network of country and field level contacts in the client’s priority markets